Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bike To Work Day 2008!


Notice my new Chaco sandals, hipster canvas messenger bag, and super-fast ankle wings.





Yesterday Ben was making fun of how much I like stickers but I did not care. Today at BART I got this cool sticker. It's like the "I voted" sticker, but more sporty and eco-minded.




Yay! I bike to work every day, but today it felt like a party when I stopped by the North Berkeley BART on the way to the office. Dozens of cyclists were pulling up and grabbing muffins (mine was pumpkin) and coffee (I did not take any because hard to ride the bike with travel cup in hand) and canvas messenger bags emblazoned with a funky-modern image of people cycling past an urban landscape. I wore my special silver ankle wings that Kristine sent me--meant to clip your pants while riding to keep them from catching in your chain, but worn by me today with my skirt not for functionality but as a stylish accessory--and got a cool sticker and generally started my morning out right with my fellow cyclists.

Viva Bicycle!

No comments: