Monday, May 5, 2008

Q

Just when I was at my most fog-chilled, cold-nosed, low-spirited, and ill-tempered today Rachel agreed to go to Q with me for dinner and I ordered the Vegan Grill, my total favorite...okay second favorite...because as an appetizer I had my ALL-TIME favorite Q menu item: tater tots!

"How did you ever find out about this place?" Rachel marvelled, trying to spell her name in magnetic letters on the wall while taking in the twinkle-bright holiday lights, the glitter-red vinyl booths, and the industrial-steel everything.

"I came on a really bad first date here one Valentine's Day," I replied by way of explanation. "SO bad, in the end. I had no way of even beginning to guess how bad it would become."

"Ah," she said, perhaps a little bit wishing she hadn't even asked in the first place. "I see..."

And with that we shared the last of the tater tots and were off to hear Mary Pipher lecture at the JCC.

Yum!

No comments: